Saturday, December 03, 2005

thoughts inside my head

Hello everyone,
Well, this is my first ever blog, so I'm just going to write some thoughts down I have inside my head.
You know it's funny, whenever there is a single goal in your head somehow there always comes to be another thought that wants to achieve the same goal just in a different direction or way. This could occur in anything, whether it be in relationships or careers or even hobbies. The two directions that present themselves are the comfortable solution and the adventerous solution. They both meet the goal theoritically in your mind, but one takes little or no sacrifice and the other takes focus, work, and much sacrifice. Although each leads you to the thing you want where does one plot his path and in what direction. The comfortable solution tells me that I can get what I want without jeopardizing my feelings or goals and that could be fine, but what's life without tripping over your shoelaces once in awhile. That's how God reminds us that we are only human and the reality that he even accomplishes amazing things through us is a miracle. This is the economy we are all a part of. Some of us may be oblivious to the economy of the one true God that uses our life experiences to open our eyes to who he is. Some may think they are there, but they are really not, because eventually their pride will be bruised somehow and they will be reminded. Still others live each day conscience of who God is and the fact that he could send a giant eraser from the sky and rub each of us out if he wanted to. This breeds fear and uncertainty, but if you're not sure what you're doing you are free to be fallible, human, and make mistakes. This brings me back to my first point that by living for the adventerous solution life becomes a miracle. Every breathe, every conversation, and every movement becomes blessed by God, because in the midst of so much fallibility which is reality God brought about clarity, vision, peace, and love. In fewer words he brought life.

Chris

P.S. here are some lines I've read in books lately: We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, but battle on.- J.K. Rowling
and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue center light pop and everybody goes "Awwww!"- Jack Kerouac

Books I've read since August: Mere Christianity- C.S. Lewis
The Wanderer- Sharon Creech
Mr. Popper's Penguins- Richard and Florence Atwater
Bud, Not Buddy- Christopher Paul Curtis
On the Road- Jack Kerouac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home