Monday, January 29, 2007

Countdown

It's finished. After months of listening, ranking, and compiling results I have created an exhaustive list of the 328 CD's in my collection. All together I have 372, but some were left out of the list. I chose to exclude Christmas albums, albums that I'd had for a short time, and all compilation albums. The list will be presented in five parts; Absolutely terrible, O.K., Good,Top Tier(Great Albums), and the Top 50(Pasty Resistance...insert french laugh here). Each part will include my thoughts on the notable enteries in that part of the list. The Top 50 will be presented individually with a complete write-up about the album and why it ended up where it did in the Top 50. If some of your favorite albums didn't make my list I simply don't own that CD. If some of your favorites ended up low on the list, it is strictly my opinion and I would love to hear yours. Feel free to comment on each group of albums. Enjoy the list.

Absolutely Terrible...

317. Finch- Say Hello to the Sunshine
318. The Black Maria- Lead Us To Reason
319. Shane Barnard- Carry Away
320. Sonic Flood- Resonate
321. Garth Brooks- No Fences
322. The Audible Campaign- Present Day Wars EP
323. Loretta- The Translation
324. Plugg- Everything
325. Calibretto 13- Adventures In Tokyo
326. Fallout Boy- From Under the Cork Tree
327. Franz Ferdinand- Untitled
328. Santana- Super Natural

These are the titles that in my opinion failed to deliver. Whether they failed musically or lyrically is irrelevant. They just failed. From disappointing follow-ups to cheesey Christian music to over hyped talent from overseas this portion of the list has a wide range of disappointments. Fallout Boy you don't fool me. Creating catchy radio hits that are full of tongue in cheek sexual inuendo. Wisdom doesn't come easily in lines like this "...watching you two from your closet, hoping to be the friction in your jeans." It's lines like that and bands like Fallout Boy that give rock a bad name. Finch, what happened. I mean, What it is to Burn was great and I was hoping Say Hello to the Sunshine would be as good. What I found was redundant and obnoxious music coupled with vague lyrics that said nothing. Franz Ferdinand, how many different ways can you describe transvestites and why? Also the music is redundant and shallow. The album only boasts one notable song, Take Me Out. Santana needs no explanation. I almost didn't put this on the list out of sheer embarassment,but without albums like that Dave's Video would be out of business.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carry Away by Shane was bad. One good song, the rest of the album was just bleh. BUT...Mr Chris Dennis, I would disagree with Garth Brooks No Fences, what a stud of an album. It was stacked with good song after good song. I respect your opinion, I mean, your WRONG opinion. I am protesting I'm not reading the rest of the blog anymore because of this one misunderstand of yours of the album No Fences.


....okay I'll probably still continue, but i'm just hurt.

5:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home