Friday, December 30, 2005

reality...really

It happens sometimes. I get in touch with reality. I open my pantry door and reach for the loaf of bread and pray that it hasn't molded yet. No big deal, right? Where the reality happens is when it has molded and I realize that I don't even have enough money to buy a new loaf. In my prideful attitude I call that "tight times." The reality is those "tight times" are just my stupidity in dealing with my finances. Some people deal with those "tight times" everday of their lives. It's not an instant in time for them, it's life. Working two jobs to make ends meet, getting your children through school, and all the while trying to make it appear like you have it all together, but sometimes the dark circles under your eyes give it a way; evidence of sleepless nights and worry about the future. Is that my situation? No, not even close, and I still complain. I've never been in a situation where I've had to go without. There are those out there that mostly do with out, and when they don't it's a big deal. So where do I align myself now that I realize that I don't have it quite so bad? Maybe it's time for those of us "who don't have it so bad" to do something with what we've been given. I challenge readers to look for opportunities to help those around you who are less fortunate. Volunteer at inner city missions in your community, buy someone a meal, or donate to charities that make life easier for those that don't have much. Don't do it when it's a culturally acceptable time of year either. It should be a responsibility for those of us to use what we have to help our brothers and sisters who don't have what they need. It should be a way of life each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home