Saturday, January 21, 2006

clarity

It's come to my attention that clarity is completely underrated. This is why. I recently had my first eye exam and purchased glasses for the first time ever in my life. I knew there was something up a while ago, when I had to begin squinting to see street signs while driving. I've had vision insurance since September so I decided to take the plunge and do something about my poor vision. The day I visited the office to pick up my new glasses was amazing. I hadn't seen that well in two years. The lady fitting me for my glasses seemed elated that I was obtaining my first pair. She treated me like a first time mom or a newlywed it was hilarious. Who new that the colors around me were so vivid and the images in the world were so sharp and in focus. I am so excited that I'd like to mark these days with glasses as a rebirth. I know it sounds silly, but isn't rebirth in the figurative sense when you begin to see things in a different light. I wouldn't say the light is so much different as it is brighter and clearer, but we all need an update in vision now and then. Even Jesus needed to recharge his vision as he would disappear to reevaluate his place in God's kingdom. Maybe this is when I see life as bolder and sweeter, the mark of a new chapter in life... I don't know, we'll see. At least I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home